Thursday, October 23, 2014

law66: Prototype Testing: With some more of the Stash-It...



Quick Attach Tether Perfect For Stash-Its





Easy on or off for access, simple to move to a lanyard if you need it more.



law66:



Prototype Testing:


With some more of the Stash-It Modifications on the go I wanted to share this one. I use a few items a lot and sometimes need them removable. The little Photon II is one of the most handy tools to have, but sometimes I need it on a neck lanyard, and sometimes I prefer it stored in a Stash-It with the other gear simply as the method of carry is very discreet.


I tested this originally by simply tying the cord and looping the tools through. This works well and prevents loss but can be a bit slow to remove tools especially as the temperature has dropped dramatically. I tested the buckle that is used on the L.I Advanced Breakaway Lanyard from Law Industries which works but its a little too bulky for this job.


In the end I opted for the plain break away and ran some type I cord through to secure allowing it to be attached to absolutely anything you want, and attach just about any tool that you want, even EMT shears. This now leaves a simple method of organisation, rapid access to the tools at hand and an ability to expand a lanyard to give multiple securing options for tools. I’ll be sending out some of these for testing by a select few and if the feedback is positive try to get them added to the store for everyone. There is still a little fine tuning to do, but as a simple solution, it works.


The ability to change the way you work on the fly should never be ignored. These additions are low cost, simple to use and can adapt to your methods as you have to. For any of the products shown please visit the Law Industries Store.







via Tumblr http://the-fugitive.tumblr.com/post/100754140029

No comments:

Post a Comment