Thursday, September 18, 2014

law66: pcordnsuch: Glow Bits I have had a bit of waste when...













law66:



pcordnsuch:



Glow Bits


I have had a bit of waste when making things. Mostly, it has been from bad cuts or things that have chipped. I used to throw these bits away, but I realized that I can get second life from some things, enter Glow Bits.


What I have done is taken the pieces and bonded them to the material I make my Glow Markers from. I try to follow the shapes I have to minimize waste. I have been doing this for a while and just hanging on to them. I always carry one so I have something to fiddle with when I have to sit still for a while. A friend saw them and asked about buying one. After a bit of interest in them, I decided to make them more widely available.


I am selling them for $18, including standard shipping.


These aren’t something I make to order, they are just left over pieces. They will be varying shapes and sizes and have different colored materials bonded to the glow material. I have made them from marbled polyester, synthetic ivory, synthetic amber and G10. These most recent ones are made from synthetic stone. The stone chipped horribly when I was trying to cut it, so these aren’t perfectly square or flat. I shaped them to make the nicest looking pieces possible.


People have used them as paperweights, desk toys and as glow markers for when they are in an unfamiliar room when traveling. As you can see, they are bright enough to read by when fully charged. They will glow all night with diminishing brightness for 8+ hours.


Email me at pcordnsuch@gmail.com to see what I have in stock. I’ll send pictures of what I have available at the time or keep your name for when I make more.



I can highly recommend these, I have one and its a really useful addition







via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1wHg2k6

No comments:

Post a Comment