Monday, February 2, 2015

erieforage: Birch polypore (Piptoporus betulinus) This is a...





















erieforage:



Birch polypore (Piptoporus betulinus)

This is a good maybe even one of the best medical mushroom to know. Especially if you you enjoy long hikes.


It is used for all sorts of things. I use it for cuts during hikes. It is kind of like a natural bandaid, but were It shines is in dealing with foot damage, blisters, cuts, cracks and scrapes. It’s rubbery and spongy consistency allows it to work as padding and it is a antiseptic/anti-inflammatory. It cools and gets rid of redness better then anything else I have tried. It is fairly common here, and it is easy to use just cut a sliver (plaster) take off your boots and socks and slid it in. I get moisture crakes all the time and using neosporin on toes just gives me squishy toes, and hurts more then helps. A couple slivers under my toes fixes me right up and feels good too. It seem to speed up healing, and I have been told it stops scarring, but have not used it for that. As far as I am concerned what it does for my feet is more then enough to make it a important mushroom, but it is also used in tea as a tonic, cleanser and immune booster etc.. The Ice man had it on him, and people speculate on what he used it for.







via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1DwQFSq

No comments:

Post a Comment