Wednesday, June 25, 2014

hqcreations: Potato Cages 2.0 Last year, I had a pretty good...





















hqcreations:



Potato Cages 2.0


Last year, I had a pretty good test run with this system and had a mini harvest. (My tutorial here. ) However, the location was not ideal and I had poor water retention. This year I leveled up to 15 cages, moved to a better location, and strawed the shit out of that circumference for better water retention and slow release nutrition.


I’m not growing potatoes in all the cages; I’ll show you guys the surprises soon.These cheap and easy-to-make vertical towers provide the most optimal use of my available space. I am able to micro-tune the soil requirements to specific plants. Most importantly, the cage provides the plant protection from wildlife and my own chickens who would otherwise wreck havoc on the garden.







via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1lc9vTR

No comments:

Post a Comment