Thursday, July 17, 2014

ru-titley-knives: Heirloom knife 4 . This awesome Kukri was...













ru-titley-knives:



Heirloom knife 4 .


This awesome Kukri was recently passed to me by my Dad who carried it faithfully in service of his Country for many years .


It was a gift to him from his Brother a serving Gurkha officer and was made in Nepal ,supposedly from Army land rover leaf spring and a buffalo horn handle with brass fittings .


The sheath is wood covered by good old UK DPM camo housing the 2 small blades the Karda and Chakmak with a further OD green top cover


This knife is stunning to use as the design does all of the work for you , its light and fast but still punches well above its weight, and I was honored to carry it with me in the Amazon many years ago on an expedition .


I plan at some point to make one similar just in case it ever needs to go back to my Dad .







via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1yvYGVW

No comments:

Post a Comment