Sunday, April 26, 2015

ru-titley-knives: “What I desire is Mans red fire ” Its widely...











ru-titley-knives:

“What I desire is Mans red fire ”

 Its widely agreed that humans have been making fire for around 125,000 years with the earler model Homo Erectus understanding how to control fire some 400,00 years ago  ,whilst the methods we use may have changed somewhat since then the fundamental basics are still the same . 

 When ever I try out a new fire making system it pays to practice  but with this fire steel buckle I decide to just go for it , it took a few strikes to figure out the best technique which for me seemed to be a combo push and pull technique .

I should really have snaped off the 2 sticking out buckle tabs to give the best acess to the ferro rod  and found that by pulling the striker down the ferro rod whilist pulling back the buckle at the same time  .

Once I’d sussed my technique the coir tinder soon took a decent spark , there are several other fire steel / ferro rods I’d personal rather use as my go- to fire starter but non also act as a kit / paracord bracelet buckle with a built in emergency whistle .

Full specs and available here in UK http://ift.tt/1z9161m



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1z913CC

No comments:

Post a Comment